Our family-run business dates back to 1926 when brothers Joe and George Andrews sold fruit from a push cart on the corner of Second and Main Street in Pueblo, Colorado. This started the legacy that would make the Andrews family one of the region’s longest standing leaders in the wholesale foodservice industry.
In 1969 George Andrews Jr, son of founding father, purchased the business and incorporated a new company name; Andrews Produce, Inc. and moved the business operations to Main Street. Making it the second generation of family involved in the business.
In 1977, the company expanded its inventory from fresh fruits and vegetables into a broader variety of grocery goods.
Eighteen years later, this growing business crossed the threshold into its third generation of family ownership when siblings, George Andrews III, Deb Hinkle and Jacque Ponx purchased the company from their father.
Today, some 82 years later under a name tailored to encompass a magnitude of new dimensions, Andrews Foodservice Systems is a leading broadline distributor to restaurants, institutions and retail food suppliers.